Have you ever seen a super fit person eat pizza and ask yourself, “WTF?!”, “How?!”
Do you want the flexibility in your diet and it not affect your physique?
Yesterday my friend Jennifer asked Achilles (my editor) and I how we can eat things like cinnamon rolls or a large volume of food at one time and still have abs.
Weeks ago I woke up after a night of pigging out. When I looked in the mirror that morning my stomach was completely flat. Waking up to a flat stomach after looking like a pregnant woman the night before made me grateful I have the motivation, discipline and priority to weight train. Granted, the things I pigged out on were sugar snap peas, apples, tons of peanut butter, cheese, and mostly whole food but I ate an enormous amount and went straight to sleep. When you’re following a training program and meal plan like mine, you have more wiggle room when it comes to food. It’s not just working out that saves me. It’s the kind of training I do that allows me to build dense muscle which burns calories for me throughout the day.
7 Reasons to Build Muscle
- One pound of muscle and one pound of fat weigh the same.
- One pound of muscle is 35% smaller than one pound of fat.
- Muscle is 2-3 times more metabolic efficient (burns calories) than fat.
- One pound of muscle burns 6-10 calories / day
- One pound of fat burns 2-4 calories per / day
- After weight training, your body burns calories for 36 hours after as it tries to rebuild the muscle tissue.
- During steady state cardio such as treadmill or stair stepper, calories are only burned during the activity.
Because I follow a regimented training schedule (4 times / week for 40 minutes / day) I don’t need to haze myself after having a high carb or fatty meal. By Meal Planning you can plan for these meals as long as you’re weight lifting. Your body will utilize the calories to rebuild muscle.
Send them to which ever link below works best for you:
Thanks for tuning in. I look forward to sharing with you all next week when I talk about Workout Recovery. Stay healthy and happy!
G.I.Lane & Fit Achilles
Original: 10/28/15 | Updated 7/16/18
Download your FREE G.I.Lane© WokeFokk Lifestyle E-Book by Entering your Email below!
WokeFokk is a Lifestyle E-Book by G.I.Lane© that helps people get their Mind Right before and while embarking on fitness & business goals.
This book includes:
- My Wants Vs. Needs Chart that lists all elements needed for your goal
- A Daily Routine Habit Worksheet to get your time management on point
- List of the Pillars of Health in Priority from greatest to least
- Purpose Worksheets to help you find what you love and aspire to be
- My Philosophies on Life and the details of each
- A Mango Basil Smoothie Recipe to get your Meal Plan & Prep locked on
- A Leg-Day Workout to build the muscle you’re going to need for these dreams of yours.
Your E-Book will be sent to your email shortly. Thank you for joining my family. Cheers to your fitness & health.