What’s up my Happy, Healthy America?
If you are new here – Hi, I’m Stephanie from G-I-Lane.com. I create content about Food, Fitness & Flexibility. Monday is about Food, Wednesday is about Flexibility and Friday is about Fitness! Click the green box on the blog page of this website to subscribe and stay up to date.
My Background in Meal Planning
My Nutrition Education & Experience
I should put together a curriculum vitae. But until then here are just the bullet points of all my related coursework and experience in Meal Planning, Nutrition and Fitness.
- Introduction to Chemistry Class, San Diego Mesa College where I leaned about the molecule, atoms, bonds, chemical reactions.
- Organic Chemistry, San Diego State University where I understood organic, natural chemistry vs. artificial, fake chemicals like those found in some packaged foods.
- Psychological Learning, San Diego Mesa College where I learned about Classical Conditioning, Operant condition, Positive and negative reinforcement and punishment. How people learn.
- Associate degree in behavior psychology, 2012, San Diego Mesa College. Nutrition is regulated by behavior. To understand how to help those struggling with nutrition understanding human behavior is a great start.
- Advanced Research Methods at San Diego State University where I learned how to vet research articles and how to conduct my own research projects.
- Research Assistant, San Diego State University where I learned how to write and propose hypothesis, gather data, write proposals and analyze data at a high level such as polynomial regression equations.
- Bachelors degree in Psychology, 2013, San Diego State University.
- Certified Personal Trainer, National Academy of Sports Medicine
- Advanced Personal Trainer, 500 Hours Hands on training including nutrition at the National Personal Training Institute, San Diego, CA
- Online Meal and Exercise Plan Coach, G.I.Lane
- Professional Meal Prepper where I planned, grocery shopped, cooked, packaged, delivered meals to clients.
- Author, G.I.Lane’s Meal Plan Recipe Book, 1, 2, 3rd edition
- 800 hours Holistic Health Practitioner / Massage Therapy hours at Bellus Academy where I learned more about the digestive system, the circulatory system, the pulmonary system, and watched and passed exams with high performance regarding nutrition
- Fitness Nutrition Specialist, National Academy of Sports Medicine
- Fintness Nutrition Specialist, Hands on training at the National Academy of Sports Medicine
- Weight Loss Specialist, National Academy of Sports Medicine
- Fitness Nutrition Specialist, Hands on training
- Blogger, Facebook.com/gilanebrain, G-I-Lane.com
- Blogger, G-I-Lane.com
- Vlogger, youtube.com/gilane
- Creator, Youtube.com/gilane
- Writer, National Federation of Personal Trainers
- Consultant, United States Marine Corps Staff Academy
Me as A Kid
I wish my uncle and I could tape a video explaining how I was raised food wise. My step dad worked at the gas station, my mom baby sat at home. My step dad would grab us mcdonalds happy meals everyday for lunch. Sometimes twice a day. My mom is a great cook. She can cook almost anything. Except healthy meals lol. It’s just the generation she grew up in. They weren’t as concerned with health as they were surviving. I never ate one vegetable growing up. Except potatoes. Potato chips that is.
Thank you for reading. See you next blog. Cheers to your fitness and health!
G.I.Lane & Company
🔔Subscribe today! G-I-Lane.com/blog
Find me on Social Media!