What’s up my Happy, Healthy America?
If you are new here – Hi, I’m Stephanie from G-I-Lane.com. I create content about Food, Fitness & Flexibility. Monday is about Food, Wednesday is about Flexibility and Friday is about Fitness! Click the green box on the blog page of this website to subscribe and stay up to date.
Prevention is First
A lot of people spend 8-9 hours in bad posture. Some may go to yoga three times a week for 30 minutes. While that is great, if you are not preventing your inflexibility while simultaneously improving your flexibility, you’re wasting a lot of time and leaving a lot of potential on the table.
How Stress Affects our Flexibility
When you stress you shrug your shoulders. Your muscles are tense. They become hypertonic or overactive – or always turned on or – always working out. They’re always contracted. If you live a high stress lifestyle your flexibility is going to be limited.
Ways to Reduce Stress
In the appendix of my meal plan book I have included a list of ways I reduce stress. This is the first step in becoming more flexible – stop putting your body in stressful positions for long periods of time.
Here is the list as it stands today:
- Keep a Journal everyday. Start by just writing down raw thoughts you have. If you think no one loves you write it. If you think your job sucks – write it. If you think you’re fat or ugly – write it. Usually writing and reading these unhealthy thoughts from yourself help you from thinking them again. Everything starts with your beliefs.
- Read the Daily Bread
- Read the Bible
- Make your bed / tidy your room
- Read while you poop
- Turn notifications off on your phone for
- Messages – you can check them when you have time. Believe it or not nothing is more pressing than you just living your life. You can get to text messages once / day at night if you’d like but these can be a big source of stress and a waste of time
- Social Media – no one needs a red dot to check their SM. Turn them off and check it when you have time on your time. Not the red dot’s time.
- Focus on nurturing relationships with 5 people closest to you that uplift you.
- Block people who contact you regularly and only add stress (mom, friend, ex, family member) again, nothing is more important than you just living an enjoyable life. No toxic relationship is conducive to this.
- Chakra Clearing and Activating Meditation on Youtube
- Deep breathing meditation
- Sound meditation
- Personalized meditation from professional coach
- Listen to motivational, good energy, clean music
- Patsy Cline
- Janis Joplin
- Imagine Dragons
- John Lennon
- Regina Spector
- Happy Happy Don’t Dream it’s Over
- Help someone else
- Read an inspirational book
- The Bible
- The Art of Thinking
- I Kissed Dating Goodbye
- The Yellow Wall Paper
- Travels of T-Shirt in a Global Economy
- The Absolute True Diary of a Part Time Indian
- The Food Revolution
- Abnormal Psychology
- Learning and Behavior
- What your doctor doesn’t know about medicine that may be killing you.
- Searching for and Maintaining Peace
- The New Business Road Test
- How to Read a Financial Report
- NASM Essentials of Personal Training
- 5 Selling – Zig Ziglar
- How to Win Friends and Influence Others
- 7 Habits of Highly Effective People
- Watch an Inspirational YouTuber
- Norp and South
- Infinite Waters
- Gary Vaynerchuck
- Teal Swan
- Raw Alignment
- Adventure Van Man
- New York Bully Crew
- Exploring Alternatives
- Watch stand up comedy
- Wood Burn
- Call a life coach – Draza Jansky
- Declutter a house
- Clean my living space
- Review and plan my finances.
- Go in the sun
- Buy a planner and organize life
- Call the person you’re hating and tell them you forgive them
- Hug yourself while looking in the mirror and telling yourself how much you love you and how awesome you are
- Do some squats
- People watch
- Eat a meal outside
- Make some tea
- Inhale some essential oils
- Reduce your friends on Facebook to <200.
- Reduce the people you follow on IG to <200
- Listen to a podcast
- Journey Community Church
- Live Life aggressively
- Body IO
- Highland Church
- Chris Kresser
- Turn off notifications of social media apps
- Limit social media apps to two of your favorite
- Take a hot bath by candle light playing music and scrub the callus from your feet. This self love, getting closer to your flesh, taking care of yourself is one of the most stress reducing activities of all time.
Reducing stress then focusing on your breathing is a sure way to become more flexible. Especially in your shoulders, neck, and upper back where a lot of us carry a lot of stress and dysfunction. In the next blog I talk about deep breathing. Stay tuned.
Thank you for reading. See you next blog. Cheers to your fitness and health!
G.I.Lane & Company
🔔Subscribe today! G-I-Lane.com/blog
Find me on Social Media!